Monday 26 March 2012

1000 Cranes

Origami cranes are really popular in Japan. There is a story about these cranes. It is said that whoever folds 1000 of these origami cranes, their wish will be granted. 

There was once a girl who had an incurable disease and wished to get back to good health. Each day she would fold paper cranes in hope that she would reach 1000. Sadly before she could make 1000 paper cranes, she passed away. 

They say that folding 1000 paper cranes pleases the gods so they do you a favour and grant you one wish.
I love hearing stories like these, even though there wasn't much of a story in them. But I find it cute how they believe that doing something like this would grant them their wishes. 


Do I believe that my wish will be granted if I make 1000 origami cranes?

Hmmm... I'd like to believe it would happen. Can't say I'd rather sit here and fold cranes in hoping my dream will come true one day rather than going out there trying to achieve it. I've been folding paper cranes for a long time but who knows how many cranes I've folded. I normally give them away to a friend or family, Its not something I do everyday. 

Maybe I should give it a try as some experiment one day?

I'll let you know if my wishes do come true :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment