Tuesday 20 March 2012

Calligraphy

Calligraphy is something I wanted to try for a while. I love how each brushstroke follows a particular direction and where the flicks end up. I think this adds a traditional and historical element to it. 

The right hand side is what a Japanese lady had done for me to imitate and the left hand side is what I did. You can tell a big difference between someone who has never tried calligraphy before and someone who is trained in calligraphy. 

Writing a few letters using a calligraphy brush was harder than expected because you have to make sure you point the brush at the right direction, stop at the right time, know when to flick, etc.  

This piece of work spells my name 'Helen' in Japanese. I would love to try more on calligraphy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment