Wednesday 14 March 2012

Kimono/Yukata experience

Kimono and Yukata are very similar to each other. A Yukata is a more casual type of Kimono made out of cotton and are possible to put on yourself without help. Whereas the Kimono is more formal and almost impossible to put on yourself.

I managed to experience wearing a Yukata for the first time and I really enjoyed my time wearing it! Although the Yukata was a bit too long for my height so the people helping me had to twist the material in a bit which worked well. I love the big wide sleeves, it makes it feel very flowy and traditional. Although it also feels a bit like my work uniform from the Japanese restaurant but this Yukata feels a lot thicker. I found it quite difficult to walk at first but I got used to it after a while and resorted to taking little steps at a time whilst walking. The waist belt is designed with a very nice pattern and the colour contrasts with the Yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment